Egg shell is the hard outer covering of an egg that contains calcium carbonate, proteins and other mineral. Calcium is an essential mineral for the growth and development of bones, it also regulates hearth rhythm, control levels of magnesium, phosphorous and potassium in the blood and also promotes muscle functions, and one average eggshell can provide twice the daily recommended allowance of calcium for an adult.
- In helps in protecting tooth enamel, in production of wollastonite. Eggshell is one of the best food for teeth because of its calcium property.
- Eggshell may help in treating osteoporosis and also strengthens the bones, since it has calcium, strontium and fluorine that metabolizes and stimulates cartilage growth, and an increase in overall bone density.
- It is also useful in possess anti-inflammatory effect, eggshell membrane is an alternative therapy for joint connective tissue disorders.
- If one’s diet is lacking of calcium, supplements are next options to help fill in but eggshell powder is a cheaper option to that.
- Old age is characterized with week bones, eggshell powder can help in strengthening the bones and giving other minerals needed.
- Eggshell membrane can be helping in treatment and pain relieve of arthritis, lupus, back pain and gout.