The heartwood of the sandalwood tree is treasured to its fragrances, and has retain this aroma for many years unlike other fragrant woods. The powder effectiveness depends on how long the tree is grown, older the tree result to more the powder is extracted and the stronger the aroma derived, this has been one of the major reason the sandalwood oil is so costly. It also has a long history in treating skin problems with good reason. Using sandalwood powder on a regular basis helps to fight acne, exfoliate the skin, soothe sunburn, eliminate suntan and ease the aging signs such as wrinkles and dry skin.
Benefit of sandalwood powder
- Sandalwood powder is generally recognized due to its disinfectant as well as antimicrobial properties which effectively restores and heal the health of the skin.
- Sandalwood powder is a time tested remedy for its skin friendly cleansing properties that soothes and prevents the skin from itches and rashes. It also contain an effective astringent which helps to tones and rejuvenates the skin perfectly.
- Sandalwood powder is known as one of the major ingredients in creams and lotions that focuses in reducing skin dryness, thereby improving the activity of the skin cells in order to draw more moisture to the skin and gives a young, smooth and glossy look.
- Sandalwood powder is known to be anti-inflammatory in nature that provides a relief from internal inflammation, has a soothing effects and been of a great use in curing the pain associated with nervous system, circulatory system, digestive system and excretory system.
- Sandalwood powder contains an effective antiseptic properties that is used topically to prevent injuries, boils, lesions from getting infected.
- Sandalwood oil also works as a diuretic (promote urination) and keeps one’s renal system healthy.
- Sandalwood can also be used to regulate and keep blood pressure under control in order to reduce hypertension risk.
- The beautiful fragrance from sandalwood oil helps to reduce body odor and keeps the body fresh and cool for long.
- Sandalwood is used as an effective expectorant to fight against stubborn cough, cold, flu or any other viral infections.