Corn silk is the long shiny fibers at the top of the ear of a corn, it contains proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, fiber and is used as medicine.
- Corn silk tea can be used to treat urinary and tract infections since it works as an anti-inflammatory agent by soothing, coating the urinary tract lining and thwarts future irritation and also sooths the prostrate glade, helps you urinate often so as to reduce the risk of buildup bacterial in the urinary tract.
- It keeps kidney stone at bay by increasing urine flow and decrease the chances of sediment formation in the kidney but it does not cure kidney stone that is already present it only helps to prevent it.
- Corn silk tea helps flush out excess waste and water from the body because it works as a natural potent diuretic agent, thereby help in reducing complications related to water retention in preventing heart and kidney diseases.
- It helps regulates blood sugar levels that can lead to diabetes, stroke and kidney problems because it (corn silk tea) aids insulin generation in the body.
- When taking corn silk tea it builds your system with enough vitamin K that facilitates blood clotting in case of injury so you do not loss so much blood.
- The case of hypertension is high these days, so the consumption of corn silk tea is very effective in reducing to ensure that those who have it do not have to cope with adverse effects of OTC blood pressure medications.
- It helps to fight obesity and cholesterol in the bloodstream. By consuming corn silk tea, it lowers cholesterol in rodents; and one of the causes of obesity is excess retention of water and toxin in the body, so corn silk tea helps u urinate often to get rid of them.
- Corn silk tea is a very good source of vitamin C, which is very essential for boosting of the immune system.