Fenugreek tea is a grounded spice derived from the seeds of the fenugreek plant, it is rich in vitamins and mineral, and also high in protein that makes it very beneficial in vegetarian diets. Fenugreek tea is known to have a natural bitter taste that thaws away when boiled in water with a slightly sweet and nutty taste. It is an annual herb with long history in culinary and medicinal purpose in the ancient world.
Fenugreek is said to be a sensational herb with various uses and have numerous potential health benefits:
- Fenugreek tea is very beneficial for cardiovascular system, It contains a group of polysaccharides I.e soluble fiber that help to stimulates the functionality of the heart and decrease the risk of heart attack.
- Fenugreek tea helps to reduce cholesterol, it is a rich source of dietary fiber that prevent the uptake of cholesterol and bile acids. It is usually regarded as cholesterol blocking agent.
- Fenugreek tea is known to be high in potassium and low in sodium, which helps to control the blood pressure and regulate the heart rate efficiently.
- Fenugreek tea is highly recommended for diabetic patients, as the spice contain galactomannan, that is capable in decelerating the absorption of sugar rate into the bloodstream. Fenugreek seed extract comprises of essential amino acid that stimulate secretion of insulin and control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek seed is also used to flush out toxic from the body and keep it clean which leads to better digestion.
- Fenugreek tea can be used to treat chronic constipation, it makes the movement of bowel becomes easier.
- Fenugreek tea is also used to prevent colon cancer, thereby safeguarding the mucus membrane of the colon and helps to retain colon cancer at bay.
- Fenugreek can also be recommended for breastfeeding women, as the spice contain diosgenin, which is highly capable in promoting production of breast milk (lactation) in women. It helps to increased production of milk which makes the infant to gain weight.
- It also provides for relief for sore throat and chronic cough.