Potassium chloride is a white odorless inorganic salt that is soluble in water. It can be extracted from sylvinite or salt water, it can also be manufactured by crystallization from flotation or electrostatic separation from suitable minerals; when combined with other elements is used in the production of soap, fertilizers and soap. Excessive intake of salt can lead to deficiency in potassium which might impede on the growth of normal cells. So cut down on the intake of table salt for an effective levels of potassium in you.
- In cosmetics and skin care formulas, potassium chloride is used as a thickening agent or a viscosity increasing agent. It is most times seen as an ingredient in skin care products, hair care products, eye makeup, bath and cleansing products.
- Potassium chloride is also used widely in fertilizers and lethal injections; despite its popular use, potassium chloride deadly in ingested.
- Potassium chloride helps in regulating fluid balance, nerve signals and muscle strength. A meal that is high in potassium may help reduce water retention, reduce high blood pressure, protect against stroke and prevent osteoporosis and kidney stones, relief from stroke, and the nervous system.
- In the human body, potassium chloride is a powerful element in improving health, and the third most abundant mineral found. It is required in keeping systems in the human body like the brain, muscle tissue, heart, brain and other important organs in good condition.
- Dry skin can be caused by deficiency in potassium, one of the ways in curing dry skin to enrich yourself with potassium and it also supports the growth of new skin cells by making the skin cell growth balanced and hydrated.
- It also helps in reducing stress and anxiety. Potassium is highly considered for people suffering from undesirable mental state like stress and anxiety because it helps in regulating the stress hormones (cortisol and adrenaline).
- It can be used in reducing hair fall. Unlike stress, pollution, potassium deficiency can also be one of the causes of loss of hair; so potassium can be used in enhancing it growth and reduce its loss.
- Potassium chloride plays a key role in keeping the brain function at a normal level, when in a high level it allows more oxygen to reach the brain, increasing cognitive functions and stimulating neural activities. It helps prevent the occurrence of stroke in the brain.