The heartwood of the sandalwood tree is treasured to its fragrances, and has retain this aroma for many years unlike other fragrant woods. The oil effectiveness depends on how long the tree is grown, older the tree result to more the oil is extracted and the stronger the aroma derived, this has been one of the major reason the sandalwood oil is so costly.
Sandalwood oil has an excellent sweet woody smell with mild and consistently stay for longer time, which is highly use for relaxing and calm the nervous system with a pleasant aroma throughout the home. Sandalwood cannot only be used in oil but also used in the manufacture of perfumes as it is an excellent base from which another perfume can be create from it with other fragrances added and acts in a fixative capacity to complement and enhance other ingredients well. Sandalwood is also known as the finest natural materials for creating premium handicrafts, used in perfumes, incense, and cosmetics, aromatherapy and pharmaceuticals industry.
- The primary benefit of sandalwood oil is that it helps to promotes mental clarity when it is used as a fragrance or incense and create a feeling of relaxation and peace. Sandalwood oil doesn’t support drowsiness like lavender oil but it helps to feel harmonious, more of a present, clear and calm awareness while is been smelled or rubbed on the skin. Since it is been used to promote mental clarity can also help to boost memory.
- Sandalwood oil is a time tested remedy for its skin friendly cleansing properties that soothes and prevents the skin from itches and rashes. It also contain an effective astringent which helps to tones and rejuvenates the skin perfectly.
- Sandalwood oil is known to be anti-inflammatory in nature that provides a relief from internal inflammation, has a soothing effects and been of a great use in curing the pain associated with nervous system, circulatory system, digestive system and excretory system.
- Sandalwood oil contains an effective antiseptic properties that is used topically to prevent injuries, boils, lesions from getting infected.
- Sandalwood oil also works as a diuretic (promote urination) and keeps one’s renal system healthy.
- Sandalwood oil can also be used to regulate and keep blood pressure under control in order to reduce hypertension risk.
- The beautiful fragrance from sandalwood oil helps to reduce body odor and keeps the body fresh and cool for long.
- Sandalwood oil is used as an effective expectorant to fight against stubborn cough, cold, flu or any other viral infections.
Today, sandalwood is been used all over the world and still remain important in its areas of cultures, medicinal and wellness purposes.