Sodium hydroxide is also refer as caustic soda, colorless and has no odor. It is known to be a highly alkaline agent that is used in little quantity in cosmetics in order to establish and hold the PH of a product. Sodium hydroxide is also used as an agent in cleansing and denaturing.
- Sodium hydroxide is also useful in treatment of water, by removing heavy metals in the water and controlling the water acidity level.
- Sodium hydroxide helps to eliminate tomatoes skins and other related fruits and vegetables for canning.
- It can be used as a food preservatives ingredient which help prevent bacteria and mold from growing in mold.
- Sodium hydroxide is an effective powder in manufacturing of medicines and pharmaceutical products, ranging from common pain relievers like aspirin, to cholesterol reducing medications.
- Sodium hydroxide is known to be a substantial substance in skin sensitizer because it is high in concentrations
- Sodium hydroxide is an effective powder in the manufacturing of numerous everyday products like detergents, soap, oven cleaners, aluminum and commercial drain.
Sodium hydroxide in its form of solid or solution can cause skin and eye irritation because of its strong corrosive qualities, therefore while been used it should avoid eye contact and to be keep away from children.