Stearic acid is one of many fatty acids, with a waxy, colorless which radiates a mild odor. It is anionic in oil but slightly melts in water. Stearic acid primarily used to thickener or hardener in products.
- Stearic acid is used as a substitute to chemical ingredients in a natural skin care products
- It is sometimes used as an alternative to chemical ingredients in natural skin care.
- It contains amino acids which helps to thicken and harden the other ingredients in order to form a solid bar
- Stearic acid contain an effective cleansing properties that make it beneficial in soap bars, body and face wash, shampoos and even laundry detergents.
- It also acts as a good emulsion soothing agent, which gives a richness to the texture of a finished products.
- Stearic acid is extract from the fatty parts of plants sources, which makes it vital for use as a natural formulations.
- It also offers a soft, lustrous and cooling feel on the skin. It often functions as a protective conditioner which makes the hair soft and light.
- Stearic acid makes the finished product improved with conditioning abilities and its preservatives ingredients allows them to last longer.